Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Rap Cats

I’m going home to Brooklyn tonight. I really wish I had a few more days here in Texas, cause I’m not looking forward to going back to snow and cold (why isn’t it spring yet??). But one thing I am excited about is seeing my cat. I miss that little fuzzy bundle of trouble. We have a very wilful, but totally adorable kitty named Lenore.

We got her a few summers ago, but before the cushy life she now leads, she lived on the hard streets of Brooklyn. The SPCA nipped the top of her left ear to identify that she was one of those trapped, neutered, and released cats. It’s her little battle scar from a previous life.
Lenore with my ducky pillow


When we first got her, she was obviously really wary of us, but now she’s just super sassy. She likes to knock stuff off tables, hop into the shower when its on and then freak out when she gets wet, and reach out and hit you with her paw when you walk by. She is such a weirdo.

I think it must be a universal rule that rappers like cats though. All the rappers that come to our apartment love her. Billy Woods is an especially big fan. I know quite a few rappers that own not just one, but several cats. And I’m not even joking when I tell you that I saw several of them post facebook comments towards the end of SXSW about how they couldn’t wait to get home to their cats. And some of them have wives...
This is how she sleeps

Paul’s pretty obsessed with our cat too. When he’s on tour, he talks about missing his girls... meaning me and Lenore. He also claims that Lenore can tell when he’s working on good music, cause she comes into his studio and listens. And if he plays something bad, she leaves. It’s not just me and Maria that are sounding boards.

And yes, a big reason for this post was so I could show cute pictures of my cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment