Monday, March 11, 2013

A Mission Statement Of Sorts

I’ve been joking about starting a blog called 'rappers in my kitchen' for a while now. My husband is a producer and music engineer, working mostly in hip hop and rap. His studio is in our second bedroom of our apartment, which works really well most of the time. Except when he records vocals. And the only space for it is in our kitchen. Which means I have rappers in my kitchen.
Photography: Victoria Holt

Considering I didn’t really listen to much rap before dating him, we come from pretty different worlds, and our styles are really different, people often are amused at how perfect we are together. So I figured I would share some of my stories and experiences.

We are also both pretty big foodies, and Paul loves to cook (he even makes his own custom olive oils and flavored butters- I’m really lucky, I know!), and this blog IS set in a kitchen, so I figure I’ll probably also post some food pics and recipes too.

And, since I work in the arts as well (specifically the visual arts), I figure I’ll also post art-related things too. Just got my masters in decorative arts and design (woo education, boo student debt) and I’m now the director of fine art at a small Brooklyn fine arts & antiques business.


No comments:

Post a Comment