Thursday, March 28, 2013

Accessorizing For The Future

United Nude, aka shoe heaven
A few summers ago, Paul and I travelled to London and Paris. In London, we stayed with his friend, Paddy Corrigan, a British rapper who goes by ID. He was an amazing host and cooked us a British feast. Pork cracklings? Delicious.

While in London, we discovered United Nude. They sell the craziest, most futuristic looking shoes and hats. Paul really loved one of their hats- called the "Stealth" hat, because it's inspired by the lines of stealth fighter planes. It's a geometric, kind of architectural flat cap. But they weren’t cheap and with the exchange rate, there was no way we could justify the purchase at the time.

Last month I was meeting friends for brunch when I walked past the store right here in NYC! I originally thought birthday present, but when I realized he could wear it at his release party, I just went for the impromptu gift. I mean, how perfect is this hat for a guy who just released an album called ‘We Live In The Future’? Naturally, I decided I should get futuristic accessories for myself too... so I bought some shoes.

  Paul and I are both accessories people. Paul has a serious collection of shoes and hats. He hangs his hats and I hang my jewelry on the walls of our bedroom, partly because it’s the most convenient space for them but also cause we like to have them on display. So please be understanding when I dedicate a whole post to a really awesome hat and pair of shoes.

Paul's collage of hats
The release party is TONIGHT and I am ridiculously excited. This will be my first time seeing him perform the songs. It’s going to be fun, and there is going to be so much dancing. Take a sneak listen to my two favorite songs- Tomorrow and Fasho! Fasho!

Show details: Tonight (3/28) at Spike Hill in Williamsburg. 186 Bedford Ave (it is literally across the street from the subway). Cover is $6. Doors are at 7:30pm. It's an early show for us 9-5'ers!

No comments:

Post a Comment