Thursday, April 4, 2013

From Christy's Kitchen To Mine


My friend Christy started making custom cookies and baked goods for friends and family out of her kitchen, and it has turned into a full fledged business. So many great things happen in kitchens! Her day job is teaching, but at this point it seems like all her spare time is spent baking. I almost asked her to make our wedding cake, but she lives in Houston and we got married in Brooklyn, so that would have been nuts.

Luckily, she can mail smaller goodies! I had her ship up a king cake for my sisters surprise birthday party this past January. For those of you not from the South, king cakes are made during Mardi Gras season and have a hidden plastic baby inside. If you get the baby, you’re supposed to supply next years king cake. Since we are an interracial household, Christy sent us a black baby and a white baby to choose from. We went with black.

Paul had a listening party for his album before he went on tour for press contacts and colleagues in the music industry. So naturally he wanted some custom made cookies to include with his press kits. He sent her the album art, and she replicated the futuristic building and typography from the cover. With frosting. That's impressive.

If you ever have any cookie needs, reach out to Baked by Drake. She's my go-to girl. I already picked out the cookies I want for my future baby shower. (Mom, if you're reading. Don't get excited. I am NOT pregnant. I just like to plan ahead.) Seriously though, how freakin' adorbs are they?

No comments:

Post a Comment