Thursday, April 11, 2013

An Ode To My KitchenAid

Paul's own private stock of pie

Paul may do the cooking around here, but I do the baking. And I’ve been doing a lot of baking lately. It’s partly because Paul is greedy and whenever I bake anything for guests, he wants me to make an extra one just for him. I had to put us on a diet before the wedding, which we've luckily been able to maintain. But the past few weeks, we’ve been really bad.  

I made a chocolate chip cookie pie to bring to a dinner party at a friend’s house. But of course Paul insisted on his own pie, so I actually baked two chocolate chip cookie pies. He’s lucky the pre-made pie crusts come two to a package. This pie is like crack. The batter is so rich that it tastes like maple syrup. Knowing the amount of sugar and butter in the recipe might dissuade you, but I promise it’s worth the calories.

Not an infrequent sight on our kitchen
table: banana bread & headphones
I also made some chocolate chip banana bread this week. I got banana’s last week for snacking, but I’m a little particular and I stop eating them as soon as they get spotty. I secretly just like having an excuse to make banana bread though. Bananas and chocolate might be my favorite combo. Paul, of course, loves it too.

Whenever Paul has rappers in the studio after I’ve baked something, Paul will catch them eyeing it. And he always tells them to back off cause it’s his private stock. He's not very good at sharing. I should start providing baked goodies to his clients as part of the "rappers in my kitchen" total experience.

I gotta hand it to my KitchenAid mixer though. Baking takes no time or effort at all anymore. It’s become dangerously easy to bake. KitchenAid, you are a blessing and a curse...

No comments:

Post a Comment