Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Rappers With My Ducky Pillow - The Mo Niklz Edition

When I first started my blog, I began it with a post called Rappers With My Ducky Pillow. I had hoped for it to be a recurring post, but over the past year we haven’t hosted as many rappers as we have in previous years. Maybe they are fearful of me stalking them while they sleep? That’s fair. Luckily, Mo Niklz crashed on our couch the night of PremRock’s album release party and I was able to revive the series!

In case anyone thinks I’m a really big creep, Mo was aware that this would happen. No Mo Niklz were eMOtionally harmed by the taking of this photograph.

For those of you who don’t know Mo. He’s a DJ based out of Connecticut, but he seems to DJ most of the hip hop events in the tri-state area. There is rarely a NYC show that I go to where Mo isn't behind the turntables. After winning the title in 2012, he was nominated as a finalist for best DJ again this year in the Connecticut Music Awards. Good luck Mo!

He is also a big fan of “Mo” puns- as seen in this charming photograph of Mo Niklz with monocles. When meeting him, the easiest way to his heart is through a good Mo pun. For more on Mo's music or for Mo merch, check out his bandcamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment