Monday, May 26, 2014

Celebrating Two Years!

Photography by Edwina Hay
As of today, we have been married for two years! Sometimes it feels way longer, but I mean that in the best way possible. We were at our friends Matt and Marissa's wedding this past Friday, and a picture was taken of us that I think captures how we are already a seventy year old couple loudly bickering in public. Sigh, I thought it would take so much longer before it came to that. But I got 'pinions (something I state frequently when giving my 'pinions), and Paul either agrees or disagrees. Clearly, I think this was a moment of disagreement...

Our friends' wedding was actually more of an elopement. Matt referred to it as a guerrilla wedding, which was pretty accurate. They invited friends to meet them at a bar they frequent to witness and celebrate as one of their online-ordained friends married them. The bar took it in stride and managed to find some Hostess cupcakes, Oreos and whipped cream that they made into an impromptu wedding cake for the couple. It ended up being a perfect night celebrated exactly how they wanted to celebrate it.

Because it was an elopement, they did away with all of the wedding traditions. But seeing as Matt was best man at our wedding, Paul dubbed himself best man of theirs. And as a wedding gift, Paul arranged for a photographer friend of ours to shoot their wedding. We know how much we loved remembering the night as we looked through all the pictures, not to mention seeing all the moments we missed! Plus it would be something that they could share with friends and family that weren't able to be there. We got a sneak peak, and considering how much joy and fun and spontaneity was captured in the pictures, I'm pretty confident that they will be thrilled with them. 

Their wedding made me nostalgic, so I went through and found some of my favorite moments from ours:

When the whole church erupted in cheers as we were announced husband and wife
This moment
When this little girl asked me if I was a princess
When I got to make out in the park with this handsome fella
Continuing a family tradition and having Paul's uncle and aunt perform at our cocktail hour
Dancing to our wedding song Sleepwalk by Santo & Johnny
Dancing with Glo- the ultimate dancing queen
Belting my heart out with my Texas girls to our favorite Country songs
Paul booty dancin' me until I noticed everyone was watching 

No comments:

Post a Comment